Westfalia Essen 1976 400kg

• Hello everyone

I was glad to see that there was a community of old and new trailers

I'm at the beginning of a redevelopment process.Westfalia essen 400 kilo From the 1970s

And I have many questions on the subject

Does anyone have any data on the springs?

The original color is hardly preserved. [Light Gray] Anyone know the RAL?

I purchased a three-cell HELLA taillights

As it appears in most pictures with a plastic base

Is there metal and if so where?

attach pictures

Thanks everyone

• Which light do you mean? The round or rectangular one?

There ist a Hella with metal base plate: 2SE 997 008-001

But its only for horizontal mount and the turning signal ist in the middle.

The one mounted on your trailer seems more like 2SE 002 578-701. I recall them with metal platte, but unfortunately they are not available any more.

The round one doesn't really look like Hella. Some similar but only with plastic body: series 964 169 and 344 169.

br JAU

No Shift - No Service

• Das Eingangsposting ist missverständlich. Er hat schon irgend ne Hella gekauft (welche genau? eine oder zwei?)...ich frag mich was sein Problem ist. Will er 'ne andere? Kann ja mal vorkommen. ;)

Köper ex-Kastenanhänger Bj. 1973, 2019 Totalumbau auf Plattform (2,75x1,50), 1200 kg zGG

HP 300.01 mit Deichselverlängerung 300.95 (Sanierungsfall, demontiert), 300kg zGG

HP 500.01/01 mit Deichselverlängerung 500.95, 500 kg zGG, künftige Alltagshure

BMW 525iA touring LPG, 1900 kg zgAL

Suzuki Freewind XF650 (verkauft)

BMW K75, Bj. 88 CafeRacer Umbau

MZ TS 150 mit A1- bzw. B196-freundlichen 125 ccm plus eine weitere TS 150 (derzeit demontiert)

• Hello everyone

I am in the process of renewing 1976 westfalia essen 400 kilo

I try to keep the originality of the parts as much as possible.

The original rim is made of aluminum with a central axis

. What is the maximum speed for this configuration?

Can I change to a faster device?

Also he was equipped with springs [probably from a local production] What alternative do you recommend

And if so what what required?

The wooden boards were in catastrophic condition.

Anyone know the specification?

best regards

yehuda levi

israel

• Hi, Yehuda!

I‘m not the biggest „Essen“ expert, but here are my 2cents:

Zitat

- What is the maximum speed for this configuration?

Usually, the maximum speed for trailers in Germany is 80 km/h. Because these trailers were sold mainly on the german market, I think that is the speed they are designed for. You can go faster, but with tires that size I would not exceed 100 km/h.

Zitat

- Can I change to a faster device? And if so what what requ

ired?

No idea, sorry :o

Zitat

- Also he was equipped with springs [probably from a local production] What alternative do you recommend

What kind of springs are installed (pic, please)? Afaik, the Essen trailers had „Cellasto“ springs, that looked like rubber. They had a yellowish color, if I remember correctly.

Zitat

- The wooden boards were in catastrophic condition

Anyone know the specification?

The boards were made of plywood. It had a light, yellowish brown tint. I think they were produced by Westfalia. If You could live with a darker tone, film faced plywood is the weapon of choice. It has a dark brown hue and is very sturdy.

Questions from Your other post:

Zitat

The original color is hardly preserved. [Light Gray] Anyone know the RAL?

I saw those trailers in various colors. A wide range of greys and white, even zinc coated frames without paint. But the majority were very light grey. I think RAL 7035 (lichtgrau) is a close match to the factory color.

Zitat

I purchased a three-cell HELLA taillights

The rectangular HELLA taillights are a good choice for the year. Like the right one on Your picture.

Zitat

As it appears in most pictures with a plastic base

Is there metal and if so where?

Do You mean, You are searching for a metal base for the taillights? If so, I never had seen one. Only black plastic.

Good luck with the restoration of Your little trailer! If you have any further questions, feel free to ask :)

Could a mod merge Yehuda’s posts and move them to the right subforum? That would probably be useful :biggrins:

Kann ein Mod die Beiträge von Yehuda mal zusammenführen und ins richtige Unterforum schieben? Das wäre wahrscheinlich nützlich :biggrins:

Yehuda, wenn Du einen gut funktionierenden Online-Übersetzer brauchst, kann ich deepl.com empfehlen. Der funktioniert sehr gut und liefert die verständlichsten Ergebnisse.

Yehuda, if you need a good online translator, I can recommend deepl.com. It works very well and delivers the most understandable results.

Schöne Grüße aus Calenberg!

Lars

Zugfahrzeuge: VW T5 (2012), VW 1302 LS Kabrio (1972), VW 181 (1969)

bald in diesem Theater: Opel Frontera Sport (1992)
    Anhänger: AH3, Anhängerbau Wittenberge 0,5t (1969), Knaus Monsun (1964)

im Bau: Eigenbau für den VW 181

Alle meine Lieblinge auch auf BoxerStop

• Dear Lars

Thanks for your response

I learn more about the subject

I'll share photos

I use translation so there are occasional funny "translations"

Thanks

Yehuda

• v8.lover

Hat den Titel des Themas von „westfalia essen 1976“ zu „Westfalia Essen 1976 400kg“ geändert.
  • Could a mod merge Yehuda’s posts and move them to the right subforum? That would probably be useful :biggrins:

Kann ein Mod die Beiträge von Yehuda mal zusammenführen und ins richtige Unterforum schieben? Das wäre wahrscheinlich nützlich :biggrins:

done :)

yehudalevi - I merged your posts about your trailer into this thread here. So everything you should need / ask for that trailer you'll (hopefully) get the answers here.

Other than that I personally can't help unfortunately, because I only work on newer trailers...

But good luck with the restauration!

• On second thought...:/

Color: Maybe the Color isn't RAL 7035. Here's an restored Essen, for sale by Kieft en Klock. I borrowed the pic from them:

Photo Westfalia Essen

Looks a little bit beige. Usually K en K are precise, when it comes to paint. Maybe it is RAL 1013 (Perlweiß) or RAL 1015 (Hellelfenbein).

You can also see the original tint of the Wood.

Springs: The cellasto springs have been a topic here numerous times before. They are easy to get, at least in Germany... Try Anhänger 24, they own this Forum :biggrins:. Search for: "Cellastofeder 400 kg".

Sorry, I can't provide a link, but I'm sitting in front of the company computer, stealing my boss's money with private forum activities :]. It blocks shop sites. And my cell phone lies at home.

Edit by Mod: Take this 07010 | Westfalia Cellastofeder 400 kp

Schöne Grüße aus Calenberg!

Lars

Zugfahrzeuge: VW T5 (2012), VW 1302 LS Kabrio (1972), VW 181 (1969)

bald in diesem Theater: Opel Frontera Sport (1992)
    Anhänger: AH3, Anhängerbau Wittenberge 0,5t (1969), Knaus Monsun (1964)

im Bau: Eigenbau für den VW 181

Alle meine Lieblinge auch auf BoxerStop

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lars ()