Westfalia Essen 1976 400kg

• Hello everyone

I was glad to see that there was a community of old and new trailers

I'm at the beginning of a redevelopment process.Westfalia essen 400 kilo From the 1970s

And I have many questions on the subject

Does anyone have any data on the springs?

The original color is hardly preserved. [Light Gray] Anyone know the RAL?

I purchased a three-cell HELLA taillights

As it appears in most pictures with a plastic base

Is there metal and if so where?

attach pictures

Thanks everyone

• Which light do you mean? The round or rectangular one?

There ist a Hella with metal base plate: 2SE 997 008-001

But its only for horizontal mount and the turning signal ist in the middle.

The one mounted on your trailer seems more like 2SE 002 578-701. I recall them with metal platte, but unfortunately they are not available any more.

The round one doesn't really look like Hella. Some similar but only with plastic body: series 964 169 and 344 169.

br JAU

No Shift - No Service

• Das Eingangsposting ist missverständlich. Er hat schon irgend ne Hella gekauft (welche genau? eine oder zwei?)...ich frag mich was sein Problem ist. Will er 'ne andere? Kann ja mal vorkommen. ;)

Köper Kastenanhänger Bj. 1973, 2019 total umgebaut auf Plattform (2,75x1,50), 1200 kg zGG

HP 300.01 mit Deichselverlängerung 300.95 (Sanierungsfall), wird evtl. reiner Bootstrailer, 300kg zGG

Fiat Linea Turbo Bj. 2009, 1200 kg zgAL

Suzuki Freewind XF650, 18l Tankinhalt (schon wieder fast leer)

• Hello everyone

I am in the process of renewing 1976 westfalia essen 400 kilo

I try to keep the originality of the parts as much as possible.

The original rim is made of aluminum with a central axis

. What is the maximum speed for this configuration?

Can I change to a faster device?

Also he was equipped with springs [probably from a local production] What alternative do you recommend

And if so what what required?

The wooden boards were in catastrophic condition.

Anyone know the specification?

best regards

yehuda levi

israel

• Hi, Yehuda!

I‘m not the biggest „Essen“ expert, but here are my 2cents:

Zitat

- What is the maximum speed for this configuration?

Usually, the maximum speed for trailers in Germany is 80 km/h. Because these trailers were sold mainly on the german market, I think that is the speed they are designed for. You can go faster, but with tires that size I would not exceed 100 km/h.

Zitat

- Can I change to a faster device? And if so what what requ

ired?

No idea, sorry :o

Zitat

- Also he was equipped with springs [probably from a local production] What alternative do you recommend

What kind of springs are installed (pic, please)? Afaik, the Essen trailers had „Cellasto“ springs, that looked like rubber. They had a yellowish color, if I remember correctly.

Zitat

- The wooden boards were in catastrophic condition

Anyone know the specification?

The boards were made of plywood. It had a light, yellowish brown tint. I think they were produced by Westfalia. If You could live with a darker tone, film faced plywood is the weapon of choice. It has a dark brown hue and is very sturdy.

Questions from Your other post:

Zitat

The original color is hardly preserved. [Light Gray] Anyone know the RAL?

I saw those trailers in various colors. A wide range of greys and white, even zinc coated frames without paint. But the majority were very light grey. I think RAL 7035 (lichtgrau) is a close match to the factory color.

Zitat

I purchased a three-cell HELLA taillights

The rectangular HELLA taillights are a good choice for the year. Like the right one on Your picture.

Zitat

As it appears in most pictures with a plastic base

Is there metal and if so where?

Do You mean, You are searching for a metal base for the taillights? If so, I never had seen one. Only black plastic.

Good luck with the restoration of Your little trailer! If you have any further questions, feel free to ask :)

Could a mod merge Yehuda’s posts and move them to the right subforum? That would probably be useful :biggrins:

Kann ein Mod die Beiträge von Yehuda mal zusammenführen und ins richtige Unterforum schieben? Das wäre wahrscheinlich nützlich :biggrins:

Yehuda, wenn Du einen gut funktionierenden Online-Übersetzer brauchst, kann ich deepl.com empfehlen. Der funktioniert sehr gut und liefert die verständlichsten Ergebnisse.

Yehuda, if you need a good online translator, I can recommend deepl.com. It works very well and delivers the most understandable results.

Schöne Grüße aus Calenberg!

Lars

Zugfahrzeuge: VW T5 (2012), VW 1302 LS Kabrio (1972), VW 181 (1969)
    Anhänger: AH3, Anhängerbau Wittenberge 0,5t (1969), Knaus Monsun (1964), Saris F25 (1998, leihweise)

Alle meine Lieblinge auch auf BoxerStop

• Dear Lars

Thanks for your response

I learn more about the subject

I'll share photos

I use translation so there are occasional funny "translations"

Thanks

Yehuda

• v8.lover

Hat den Titel des Themas von „westfalia essen 1976“ zu „Westfalia Essen 1976 400kg“ geändert.
  • Could a mod merge Yehuda’s posts and move them to the right subforum? That would probably be useful :biggrins:

Kann ein Mod die Beiträge von Yehuda mal zusammenführen und ins richtige Unterforum schieben? Das wäre wahrscheinlich nützlich :biggrins:

done :)

yehudalevi - I merged your posts about your trailer into this thread here. So everything you should need / ask for that trailer you'll (hopefully) get the answers here.

Other than that I personally can't help unfortunately, because I only work on newer trailers...

But good luck with the restauration!

Die Sicherheit für alle Menschen im öffentlichen Straßenverkehr muss oberstes Gebot sein. Hier dürfen keine Kompromisse gemacht werden. Deshalb empfehle ich gebremste Anhänger.

Schreibe ich ROT, bin ich Moderator, schreibe ich schwarz, bin ich normaler User.

• On second thought...:/

Color: Maybe the Color isn't RAL 7035. Here's an restored Essen, for sale by Kieft en Klock. I borrowed the pic from them:

Photo Westfalia Essen

Looks a little bit beige. Usually K en K are precise, when it comes to paint. Maybe it is RAL 1013 (Perlweiß) or RAL 1015 (Hellelfenbein).

You can also see the original tint of the Wood.

Springs: The cellasto springs have been a topic here numerous times before. They are easy to get, at least in Germany... Try Anhänger 24, they own this Forum :biggrins:. Search for: "Cellastofeder 400 kg".

Sorry, I can't provide a link, but I'm sitting in front of the company computer, stealing my boss's money with private forum activities :]. It blocks shop sites. And my cell phone lies at home.

Edit by Mod: Take this 07010 | Westfalia Cellastofeder 400 kp

Schöne Grüße aus Calenberg!

Lars

Zugfahrzeuge: VW T5 (2012), VW 1302 LS Kabrio (1972), VW 181 (1969)
    Anhänger: AH3, Anhängerbau Wittenberge 0,5t (1969), Knaus Monsun (1964), Saris F25 (1998, leihweise)

Alle meine Lieblinge auch auf BoxerStop

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lars ()