Hilfe bei der Identifizierung dieser das Modell des Anhängers und Dokumentation

• Könnte mir jemand bei der Identifizierung, was dieses Modell Anhänger und, wenn möglich Versorgung einen Verweis auf ein Dokumentation für maintenace asssit.

Thankyou.

Ich bin aus Großbritannien und sprechen kein Deutsch, so verwendet haben Google so leid für alles, was übersetzt in der Übersetzung verloren geht.

'''''''''''''''
    Could anyone asssit in identifying what model of this trailer and if possible supply a link to some documentation for maintenace.

Thankyou.

I'm from the UK and do not speak German so have used Google translate so sorry for anything that is lost in translation.

IMG_0730.jpgIMG_0721.jpgt2.jpg

• Hello Rico,

its a nice trailer You`ve got.

Your trailer is made by IFA (written on the label) in earlier DDR. If you are looking for maintenance or repair, search for parts for HP400 / HP500. You also can look on sites for spareparts of Trabant (Trabi) and the camping- car "Qek".

http://www.trabantwelt.de/?refID=10

http://www.ldm-tuning.de/

Here all maintenance- info: http://trabitechnik.com/index.php?page=61&lang=de

If You have any problems, ask me and I can order the parts for You and send them to UK.

Sorry, I didn´t use Google- Translator. I had an english rock- star living in my house for about 6 months..... and he didn´t want to learn german.

Regards Ruddi

. . . . . . ____ ___
    . . ___/. . \_____\
    . /___\___/\ O <>O
    _.(o)_)`-----(o))---o))
    ------------------------------

Anhänger:
    Doppel- Buggy- Transporter
    Westfalia 118001A
    2x Heinemann Klappi Z572B.

Anhänger- Baustellen:
    Algema 3,0to
    Porsche 924 als Anhänger (in Arbeit)
    2x BIOD Extase
    BIOD Vacamobile- Aufbau
    Stolz 450Kg Buggy- Anhänger.

• Hi Rico,

Congratulations to your nice little trailer which is definitely worth to be kept in a road-worthy condition. Born in East Germany myself I grew up with these trailers (and other IFA vehicles) and I'm always surprised to see how widely they were spread over the western world.

From your photos, I suspect it's most likely a HP 400, maybe a HP 350. The three-digit figure gives the max. gross weight in kilograms. The labels you took photos of won't help here as they belong to the towing clutch. There should be another one, either at the front wall or at one of the drawbar rods, indicating the model name and more details.

By the way, there is quite an active club for East German vehicles in the UK: http://www.ifaclub.co.uk/ They will be excited to get to know another owner of an IFA vehicle, and maybe to welcome a new member. And I'm quite sure they can help you identifying the exact model. And when you have to get it back on the road or to pass M.O.T., they may have some good advice for you. Perhaps they can even tell you more about the importer and how these trailers came to the UK. But be aware, depending on how much petrol circulates through your venes, it might be like a virus....

I'm not an expert in these little ones as I'm owning an entirely different HP 500. What I can tell you is that wearing or vulnerable parts such as wheel bearings and rear lamps are still available from today's production. It might be a good idea to put some aside for just to have them in case of......

Wishing you lots of joy and useful mileage with your HP. Don't hesitate to contact me for translations (as long as it isn't for full manuals), I'll gladly be at help.

Best regards
    Dirk

• Can anybody give any advice on how to remove the bearings from a HP 350.1 trailer hub. I've used lots of WD40 and left to soak and tried using rubber mallet which didn't work. I then went and got a gear pully but all I've managed to do is bend the hub. So looks like I may need hub and I still need a method of removing the bearings without doing any damage. Can you get replacement hubs. Been looking on Ebay.de but haven't seen any.
    photo (2).JPG

• Hoi,

You have to use a hydraulic press to remove the hub.

Regards Ruddi

. . . . . . ____ ___
    . . ___/. . \_____\
    . /___\___/\ O <>O
    _.(o)_)`-----(o))---o))

Anhänger:
    Westfalia 118001A

Anhänger- Baustellen:
    Algema 3,0to
    2x BIOD Extase
    BIOD Vacamobile- Aufbau

• I'm going to take them to some one who's got an hydraulic press to separate the hubs and bearings.

I've contacted someone who sell's the bearings for this trailer on ebay.de about a new hub.
    He's quoted 45 euros for a new hub 17 euros for 2 sets of bearings and 9 euros for the seals and 18 euros for postage to the uk. So all is not lost.

• It may be advisable to take advantage of a temperature difference between hub and bearing. You may freeze the whole thing and then carefully warm up the bearing. This definitely helps when mounting the new ones. Freeze the hub and heat up the bearing to ~ 80°C, it should slide on with almost no force applied.

Good luck and please keep us informed.
    Best regards
    Dirk

• I took the suspension arms and hubs to a trailer company who service bearings and said they could replace the bearings no problem. Apparently they secured the press around the collar of the hub (not the flange where I did the damage and then applided pressure with the press down onto end of the stub axle. Unfortunatley the threaded end of the axle just deformed and sqashed out of shape and the bearings did not move. I dont think they applied any heat.

So I'm now with the decision to either cut the axles off and buy replacement stub axles and hubs and pay the cost of having them welded on to the suspension arms. However my web searchs on stub axles all have a square blocks. i.e. I can then service thease type of bearings my self in future.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trai…Parts&hash=item3a74cacfcd

Or do I just bastardise the who trailer rebuild completaly and bolt on complete suspension units. This will probably be cheaper than geting anythinfg welded. i.e.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350-…Parts&hash=item3cc76cb1f0

Also not sure what hubs do I require so I can still use the same rims and tyres I have will they fit onto the standard 4" PCD or 100mm PCD.

• Sorry didn't take German at School and my French is rubbish.

Ich nahm die Querlenker und-Hubs an einen Anhänger Service-Unternehmen, sie könnten Lager und die Lager kein Problem sagte ersetzen. Anscheinend haben sie sicherte sich die Presse um den Kragen der Nabe (nicht der Flansch wo ich den Schaden und drücken Sie dann mit dem applided Druck auf den Stummel Ende der Achse. Unfortunatley das Gewinde Ende der Achse nur deformiert und aus der Form und sqashed Die Lager nicht. bewegen i dont think sie keine Wärme angewandt. Also ich bin jetzt mit der Entscheidung, entweder schneiden die Achsen ab und kaufen Ersatz Achsen und Naben und Stubs zahlen die Kosten für die mit ihnen auf den Querlenker verschweißt. Allerdings meine Web gesucht auf Achsschenkel haben alle einen quadratischen Block. dh ich kann dann warten thease Art der Lagerung mein Selbst in der Zukunft. h = item3a74cacfcd Oder muss ich nur die Anhänger der bastardise einfach völlig neu auf und verschrauben komplette Aggregate. Dies wird wahrscheinlich billiger sein als geting anythinfg verschweißt. er h = item3cc76cb1f0 Also nicht sicher, was Hubs benötige ich, damit ich können immer noch die gleichen Felgen und Reifen werden sie passen auf den Standard I 4 "PCD oder PKD-100mm haben.

• Also nicht sicher, was Hubs benötige ich, damit ich können immer noch die gleichen Felgen und Reifen werden sie passen auf den Standard I 4 "PCD oder PKD-100mm haben.

4" PCD and 4/100 are different. You can not put wheels from one to the other.

Lochkreis 4" und Lk 4/100 sind unterschiedlich. Die Felgen passen nicht untereinander.

@Alex: sorry, war keine böse Absicht. Man denkt einfach nicht dran. Wenns mit der Internet -Übersetzung nicht klar wird, dann sag was. Ich oder jemand anders übersetzt das dann gerne für dich.

Gruss Ruddi

. . . . . . ____ ___
    . . ___/. . \_____\
    . /___\___/\ O <>O
    _.(o)_)`-----(o))---o))

Anhänger:
    Westfalia 118001A

Anhänger- Baustellen:
    Algema 3,0to
    2x BIOD Extase
    BIOD Vacamobile- Aufbau

• Yes sorry i didn'tmake my self clear. I'm wanting to know if my original hubs are either 4" or 100mm PCD which are the two main sizes which I can easily get ove here at a desent price or some other different sizing. From looking online I think they are 100mm PCD but I've not managed to get out to the garage with a tape measure to check yet since i got in from work.

So I'm hoping a pair of thease welded on in place are going to be ok http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251066047231?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Regards

Richard

Ja sorry ich meine Selbstachtung didn'tmake klar. Ich wollte wissen, ob meine ursprüngliche Hubs entweder 4 "oder 100mm PCD, die die beiden wichtigsten Größen, die ich leicht bekommen kann ove hier bei einem desent Preis oder eine andere unterschiedliche Dimensionierung sind. Vom Blick Online Ich denke, sie sind aber 100mm PCD ich habe es nicht geschafft, raus in die Garage mit einem Maßband, um noch zu überprüfen, da ich von der Arbeit kam.

Also hoffe ich, ein Paar thease angeschweißt an Ort und Stelle sein werden, ok http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251066047231?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

• Richard,

Without seeing pictures of both the situation as it is now and what you're considering to do, I'm a bit concerned that the damage may get bigger than it is now. Did you contact the club as I suggested before: http://www.ifaclub.co.uk/ ?
    I would be more than surprised if you won't get qualified assistance and support there.

Good luck,
    Dirk

• Its all ok now they managed to repair and re thread the axle and replace the bearings. Just have to remmeber now how it all goes back together.

• Bin ja Begeistert das IHR Englisch könnt,

ICH KANN ES NICHT *schmoll*

ich hatte "English for run aways" (Fortgeschrittene):biggrins::biggrins::ichmussweg:

Gruß Jürgen

1. Hänger HP 401, 2. Saris bc676..........wer Schreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten....

• Also mal ehrlich, wer ein wenig Sprachgefühl hat, der kann auch Englisch. Ich hab das schon öfters bewiesen und meinen Tagesablauf in „Auswärts“ geschildert:

When I come from my morningcatswash, I sit me down at our stripteasetable and eat my earlypiece. I become from my wife shoemakerboys and mirroreggs. During my eating I read my cheeseleaf. I drink my flowercoffee until I can see the reason. Than I go away from my reasonpiece with the funny song „The May is come, the trees knock out“ on my lips.

You may ask my, what I have to work. Short and good, I bework the onecometax and the aboutsentencetax. When I write with my fillfeatherholder, I must give eight, that I become no blue fingers. That makes me so fast nobody after.

Now it is time for midday eating. I look on the mealcard. It gives battle plate or wrong rabbit. Me runs the water in the mouth together. And for the aftertable
    I take apple in pyjama.

Then I go back in my workroom. I break together, because I have work over work. I think, I have to make overhours.

Outside I can see the trainbirds fly. When the partyevening comes, I have the nose painted full. I go on my toothmeat. I go to the flowershop and buy some forgetmenots for my wife and think on my eveningbread. It gives handcheese with orchestra.
    Then I will look on the pictureumbrella. If I have luck, I can see the
    Doc. H. Cabbage and his taxhunter Theo Whygel.

Y e a h !!! T e a - T i m e i s o n e s a i d !!!!

• Hast du das net vor 2 Jahren schonmal im Offroadforum geschrieben? :weglach:

MfG,
    Jay

Die globale Erwärmung ist endlich bei uns angekommen! *freu*

Schreibe ich ROT, bin ich Moderator, schreibe ich schwarz, bin ich normaler User.

2022er Anssems AMT2000Eco - 2005er Humbaur Alu - 2006er WM Meyer Pferdetransporter und ehemals Westfalia Typ 118001

• My hair stand me to mountain.....

Gruss Ruddi

. . . . . . ____ ___
    . . ___/. . \_____\
    . /___\___/\ O <>O
    _.(o)_)`-----(o))---o))

Anhänger:
    Westfalia 118001A

Anhänger- Baustellen: