Gruss aus der Frankreich / Bonjour de France

• Guten Morgen, alle zusammen !

Es tut mir leid, ich spreche kein Deutsch !

Ein automatischer Übersetzer ist nicht praktisch. Ich schreibe lieber direkt ins Englische (mit Fehlern!)

My name is Tanguy, I'm 41 years old and I live in the center of France.

I'm fan about old Volkswagen cars since very long time... My first Bulli T1 (bought in 1997) was a Westfalia camping van.

I'm curious and along the time I discovered all Westfalia products : trailer, caravan, special van or car...

And how t

hese trailers were very good, I bought a Westfalia trailer when I needed a trailer ! Hard to find in France, very few...

I owned 3 trailers Westfalia, today only 2.

My trailers are old (1981 & 1982) but these trailers are very good and I love them !

Regards.

Tanguy

N°01-04_autoscaled.jpg

01.01_autoscaled.jpg

• yeah, english won't be a problem here. :)

Welcome on board, Tanguy. Do both trailers have the Westfalia specific independent suspension?! The small one seems to have it, not sure about the tandem.

Are you planning on restoring the tandem some time soon? If the wood itself isn't too bad yet, maybe waxing or oiling it might help preserving it already.

Regards, Jonas

• Thanks for your welcome !

You can't imagine how it was difficult for me to find a german forum where I will talk about Westfalia trailer !

:biggrins:

Jonas : Yes, my "Little" and my "Big" have the indepedent suspension. They are exactly the same : single / tandem.

I bought the "Little" in 2006 from his first owner. But Westfalia trailer are very rare in France (except Van for horses) and I had to go to Paris (400 Km from my house) for buy it...

I used this trailer since all these years. I always love the manufacturer quality of Westfalia, and of course the perfect condition on road.

But my "Little" need attention... I talk about that in your Forum ( category Westfalia / Heinemann ).

I bought the "Big" in 2017 from the son of the first owner. Lucky : only 50 Km from my house !!!

When I bought, this trailer needed some minor attention because it stayed static during a long time. Frame and cover were good but wood were in poor condition...

I use the trailer as is... Also I don't restore it, I don't have the time for the moment. Wood are in too bad condition, I will change all ...a day !

Except rear door, I must absolutely change it quickly ! If I don't do that, I will lost on road !!!

Tanguy